Well, it is time to start our daily workout, and so say hello to Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike. I’m sure you will like so much as I did.
Doing daily exercise may be a headache for who has a full day of tasks whether are work or personal issues. You may participate in a gym but you don’t have much time to attend regularly.
So, home fitness equipment is a great solution to handle this issue forever. You can do your exercises with Schwinn 270 while you are watching last news, TV, your favorite movie, or listen to preferred audios. All of that and more, you will discover with such a recumbent bike.
At first, and before starting Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike review, we should review Schwinn Company itself to know how a level of quality its products.Check The Latest Price
History Of Schwinn Company
Schwinn Bicycle Company is an American bicycle company founded in 1895 by the American German-born mechanical Engineer: Ignaz Schwinn.
It is one of the earliest companies in the bicycles industry. It became the dominant manufacturer of American bicycles through most of the 20th century, but nothing is forever.
The old and great Schwinn Company has affected by internal workers and external competition issues to declare its bankruptcy in 1992.
But this great name shouldn’t die in a moment. Schwinn became a sub-brand of Pacific Cycle, owned by the multi-national conglomerate, Dorel Industries that protect the old name from being vanished.
Now, Schwinn came back stronger with a big variety of models at affordable prices. Schwinn produces the following types of bicycles:
- Bike Path/Comfort
- Urban includes folders
And now, Schwinn entered the sports equipment with a model like Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike, and it is a brilliant product as you will discover.
The General Features And Specs of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
It is the normal features as the manufacturer offers on the official page of the Schwinn 207 Recumbent Bike:
- USB charging port
- 4 user capability for multiple user set-ups
- Telemetry heart rate enabled (chest strap not included)
- 10 resistance quick keys to rapidly take you from easy to hard and back again
- Walk-through frame for easy access
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs
- Product Assembled Dimensions: 64″ X 27.7″ X 49.9″
- 6 LED tracking lights
- Sealed acoustic chamber speakers for big quality sound
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Computer Features
The following smart features of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike bring more fun and durability to this bike:
- DualTrack™ two blue backlit LCD window systems
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity to Nautilus® Connect (or Schwinn Connect) and MyFitnessPal to download workout data
- 12 profile programs including 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides, and 4 challenges.
- 9 heart rate programs with custom settings according to your physical and health condition
- 2 fitness test programs (Beginners and Advanced) to measure your physical fitness improvements and how to customize appropriate fitness programs.
- 4 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- 1 recovery test program to measure your how quickly your heart rate recovers
- Quickstart capability
- Workout data includes:
- Speed rate and progress
- Time of workout
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
The benefits of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn 270 is the top model of sports bikes that Schwinn started within fitness space. The first impression of this model gives you the feeling of a pilot in his aircraft cockpit with the lightening LCD with many details.
Of course, I don’t want to affect you by just a good looking for a recumbent bike. Actually, Schwinn 270 has many features to like more than others.
To discover the Schwinn 270 correctly, we have to spotlight each of it and its benefits.
The Incredible Comfortable Seat of Schwinn 270
The minimum duration of any bicycle exercise will not be less than 30 minutes (at least). A half-hour on a bike seat is an issue to care about.
Schwinn 270 seat is designed to give you the maximum comfort by a high-quality padded seat bottom with contoured leg area for more control. Not only that, but Schwinn is caring about your back by combining this design with a large seatback. It is vented to make your seat breathe with you and reduce the heat build-up and sweat.
The bottom of the seat comes with an extra layer to give you the best experience of sitting with pedaling through the workout. Schwinn 270 recumbent bike seat is adjustable for multiple users for more comfort. It has an aluminum seat rail system that has a quick and easy lever for fore and aft seat adjustment.
29 Multiple Programs
The big variety of Schwinn programs made it suitable for all users whatever their health status.
It has 29 programs which featured as follow:
- 12 profile
- 9 heart rate control
- 4 user custom user-designed programs
- 2 fitness test (1 beginner, 1 advanced)
- 1 recovery test
- 1 quick start
So, you can choose one of your favorite or customize the preferred for you according to your requirements.
25 Levels of Eddy Current Resistance
These levels are aligned with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for an easy, smooth, safe, and quiet workout.
The transition between resistance levels is very seamless. Forget the common jarring that you often experience with other workout bikes. This is another feature tells you that Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is suitable for every user, with every level of fitness.
The control knob for resistance levels is smartly located for easy operation.
Schwinn 270 comes with 2 backlit LCD windows to monitor your workout metrics. Its buttons are quick access. Through the USB connection, you can plug your smartphone or tablet.
For more connectivity, Bluetooth offers the seamless transition of data to Supported Smart devices.
So, you can manage your details of workout like; time, distance, calorie goals, and more through the free Schwinn Trainer App, MyFitnessPal App, or other popular supported apps. Also, its grip enables you to telemetry heart rate.
Dual Track Technology
Imagine your fitness data in front of your eyes during the whole workout. These 13 training parameters are shown at one time with the split-screen display.
Firstly, you set your training goal according to your health condition and then start. While the first side shows the raw data from your current workout, the other one charts your progress toward your training goal.
Not only, but you have full data about intensity, pulse rate, and RPM calories.
And as I mentioned above, Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike offers USB transferability to analyze your training statistics at any time. And of course, you can use your preferred mobile app whether MyFitnessPal or SchwinnConnect.
The Strong Body of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
The good manufacturing of any sport or fitness equipment is a vital factor in choosing the right recumbent bike. This factor describes how long time I can use this equipment.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is made of a single piece frame. This provides a high level of stability for the user. So, Schwinn confidently sets the frame warranty to be 10 years. Plus 2 integrated levelers and large mid-frame support for an incredibly solid platform.
This solid frame can handles weights up to 300 pounds. This important feature gives Schwinn 270 recumbent bike the durability to carry the most of high weight average users. This variety is good for different family members to use whatever the weight is.
Heart Rate Grip and Monitor
Alongside Schwinn 270 seat you will find two grips. It is not only a positioning grip but also it is important to monitor heart rate when you use a heart rate program.
It is ergonomically and smartly placed to help people with lower back issues and fit them throughout their exercise sessions.
Normal Power Requirements
Plug Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output. And the AC power adapter is included in the package. So, there are no extra power settings here.
It is preferable if you assemble it with a friend to reduce the time of assembly. But in general, it doesn’t take more than 90 minutes to be assembled. (I suppose you do it alone).
Schwinn guarantees its product by many levels of warranties as follow:
- Frame: 10 years warranty
- Mechanical Warranty: 2 years
- Electrical Warranty: 1 year
- Labor Warranty: 90 days
So, you may read hidden information from warranty levels. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike body is very strong (10 years) and the quality of the machine and electric system is acceptable.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Pros
- Affordable Price (comparing with other expensive brands like Diamondback or Sole LCR Exercise Bike for example)
- Strong body (frame)
- Smart computer features
- Very comfortable seating
- Visually impressive
- 29 different workout programs
- 25 level eddy current
- Padded and cushioned seat
- Smart design
- 10 years frame warranty + 2 years mechanical warranty
- Built-in fan
- Built-in external sounds
- Awesome console with many features and soft buttons
- Easy to store (Dimensions: 64″ X 27.7″ X 49.9″)
- Easy to set program and start the workout
- Smart connectivity features
- Water bottle handler
- Seat grips and heart rate monitor
- Easy to assemble alone or with a friend
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Cons
- The Seat Back is not adjustable: although Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike seat is adjustable, the back seat is not.
- The Display Panel is very bright in the adjustable process.
- It is not suitable for tall people: Also, despite the adjustability of a seat, it doesn’t suit all people. And they couldn’t extend their legs far enough with this bike.
- Weak Packaging and Shipping: Some weak parts of the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike are damaged by poor shipping and packaging. Packaging shouldn’t be sub-standard like that.
- Poor Pulse Manual Monitor: Some users complain that the manual pulse monitor is not working so well or not working at all.
- Light Flywheel: It weighs just 17 pounds. Some users prefer to be heavier for more resistance.
- Some Parts are Weak: But customer service of Schwinn replaces it once you ask them.
Last Words About Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review
Personally, I found Schwinn 270 a good deal. I couldn’t practice in the gym because of my unsteady work conditions.
So, what I should do is offering a space of 50″x70″ of my living room as a training area. Then, I need around 30 minutes a day to complete my workout.
I will not waste my time, because I can hear my lessons or preferred audios at the same time of the workout. The smart connectivity options ended all of my excuses. So, if I have some audios I like to hear (whatever it the audiobook, lecture, lesson, motivational thoughts or so) I can schedule it to listen during my workout.
It is not an electricity monster to worry about, and you will touch that by your try.
Also, comparing the subscription of a gym or fitness club or time waste, you will feel the difference. I did.
Finally, I think Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a good choice for home (or work indeed) recumbent bike. It offers smart features at affordable prices.Check The Latest Price